ATLANTA SPORTS COUNCIL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING MANAGER
About the Atlanta Sports Council
The Atlanta Sports Council (ASC), a division of the Metro Atlanta Chamber, facilitates the growth and development of sports in metro Atlanta by serving as a recruiter for global sporting events. The organization plays an important role in improving the quality of life for residents in the region through sports, working to drive economic growth and visibility and acting as an advocate for area teams and annual sporting events. The ASC also serves as the lead organization for planning and executing the largest sporting events in the region including the upcoming 2025 College Football Playoff National Championship, 2025 NCAA Men’s Basketball Southeast Regional and the FIFA World Cup 2026™.
The Atlanta Sports Council Business Development and Marketing manager will report to the Director of Business Development and is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day social media execution and strategy for major events and the Atlanta Sports Council channels. In addition, this position will assist with all communications and marketing-related activities. The role will also focus on event recruitment and the effort to bring additional sporting events to the region. The Business Development and Marketing manager will also be responsible for collaborating with other areas related to major sporting events including but not limited to operations, venues, legacy, and volunteers. Candidates are expected to work 40 hours per week. (Required to work nights and weekends as needed).
All candidates must submit a writing sample of a sports-related press release as well as 3-5 social media posts that could be posted to @FWC26Atlanta with their applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage ASC, 2025 College Football Playoff National Championship and FIFA World Cup 2026 Atlanta social media channels, metrics and strategies.
- Assist on all outward facing communication efforts including press releases, media advisories, e-blasts, graphics and more.
- Responsible for managing graphic designer, photographer, videographer, and collateral needs.
- Assist on strategic development plans and local messaging under the marketing and communications umbrella for the 2025 College Football Playoff National Championship, NCAA Men’s Basketball Southeast Regional, FIFA World Cup 2026 and more.
- Assist with Request for Proposals (RFPs) and bids to bring major sporting events to Atlanta. Including cross-collaboration with regional partners and venues.
- Assist with trafficking paid media buys and management of assets.
- Help manage all media-related events.
- Assist with internal and external planning meetings.
- Must be available to travel to the 2024 College Football Playoff National Championship in Houston January 5-9, 2024, exact dates to be confirmed.