Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manager designation is desirable but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Consumer-centric mindset
- Strong interest in the use of technology to advance the practice of veterinary medicine and the pet/pet parent experience
- Highly collaborative and able to deal with ambiguity as well as learning on the fly
- Skilled in business acumen with the ability to drive financial results and proven ability to build a practice
- Proven success in practice management and complementary pet services.
- Fear Free and HABRI certification or desire to become certified
Meet Heart + Paw
Heart + Paw is an integrated pet care company serving pets and their parents. By bringing together a tailored physical space and digital experience designed for the dynamics between pets, their parents, and the care team, our centers serves the modern dimensions of pet parenthood. Heart + Paw will offer veterinary care, grooming, day care, boarding, retail, and other complementary services at its centers. Thoughtfully designed, digitally enabled and powered by the best and the brightest, Heart + Paw will be the destination for pets, their parents, and our team.
We know that our spaces impact our lives. Our space will reflect our core values and include thoughtful details like natural light, a greeting bar, and transparent visibility to our services to make pets and their parents feel welcome from the first step. With pets at the center, our design elements and pet care techniques embody the leading edge of research in low stress handling including unique exam rooms and an experience tailored for feline visitors. Our elevated experience extends beyond pets and pet parents to our entire team. Each center will be newly built with modern equipment and there will be spaces designed just for our teams including a well-equipped breakroom, ample office space, and private employee-only bathroom.
Heart + Paw was founded with the belief that pet care providers have the noblest hearts yet often struggle with the demands of delivering high quality care to others while maintaining their own personal well-being. Our entire team is committed to creating a new employee experience, one that allows the dedicated veterinary care provider to do both.
With our extensive veterinary and operational background, we have put a great deal of thought and resources into every aspect of the employee experience: physical space, compensation, benefits, technology, equipment, caseload, and staffing. We believe the employee experience is an essential part of petcare reimagined.
- Compensation + benefits – Highly competitive package including an excellent base salary + production, merit, bonuses, profit sharing, short and long-term disability insurance, health benefits, continuing education, and retirement savings.
- Priority on well-being - Closed to veterinary appointments on Sundays, flexible scheduling, and a caseload that allows our team to spend more time with pets and their parents to offer an elevated experience.
- Technologically forward – Leading edge technology in our highly interactive client-facing mobile app, information management system, and other technologies that enhance your ability to deliver high-quality medicine and a best in class client experience.
- Leading edge equipment –Digital dental radiography, Doppler, portable ultrasound, and lift tables.
- Opportunity to lead – Empower you to do what you do best, be a leader where you are and function at the top of your training and expand your capabilities in interest areas that will give our clients more choices.
- Freedom in a framework –Freedom to individualize how you achieve success. From developing areas of special interest in general practice to customizing schedules, formulary selections, and choice of referral and emergency service partners, we provide the team the ability to influence these choices for their centers.
This is petcare reimagined.
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.