Come work with us at Houston Ballet! Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography, and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, you’ll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
Visit: www.houstonballet.org for more information.
*Please note: This position requires some work time outside normal business hours.
Summary: Reporting to the Assistant Director of Development Communications and Publications, the Development Coordinator provides a key role in creating donor and event materials in addition to providing event assistance. This position requires a creative, organized individual with sharp attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned;
- Provide graphic design support to the Development Department for donor communication pieces such as campaign advertising, proposals, fulfillment reports, and events – these pieces can range from banners, invitations, signage, cards, print & digital advertisements, e-mail blasts, booklets, brochures, and more
- Meet with members of the development team to determine scope of projects and incorporate changes recommended by team into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Make print schedules and manage print deadlines
- Correspond with printer for deadlines, quantities, paper selection, and price quotes
- Manage payment to printers
- Manage and create slides for the Center for Dance slideshow and Wortham Theater slideshow
- Assist with event set up, including creating name tags and setting up event signage
- Participate in Houston Ballet performance staff duties for each production, VIP Experience, special events, donor functions – these events will require time beyond the standard office hours
- Operate as an integral member of the Development Department team
- Regularly update Development pages on Houston Ballet website with current information
- Assist with social media implementation
- Maintain archival photos
- Assist with the Houston Ballet program and Houston Ballet News as needed
- Assist the Assistant Director of Publications and Communications and Development Communications Manager as needed
- Operate as an integral member of the Development Department
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum REQUIRED Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in advertising or marketing or experience in non-profit development or marketing work
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
Preferred ADDITIONAL Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively with many work styles
- Strong attention to detail and eye for design
- Ability to collaborate, receive feedback and make effective decisions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work and be able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and flexibility
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong proof-reading skills
- A respect for confidentiality
- Organization/Planning – Develops clearly defined, realistic, measurable objectives that are consistent with the company’s objectives. Organizes personal workload and sets priorities; Uses time efficiently. Meets deadlines consistently.
- Job Knowledge/Compensation – Possesses the skills, knowledge and expertise required to perform the essential aspects of the job as well as any other specific educational and/or certification requirements and have the compensation for your expertise.
- Communication – Communicates effectively in writing and verbally; expresses complex ideas in simple terms. Clearly and concisely expresses in individual or group situations. Comprehends and processes information and responds to communication from others. Communicates, empathizes, uses diplomacy, influences, and gains cooperation. Interacts effectively across functions and levels of the company.
- Flexibility/Adaptability – Ensures the integrity of work. Effectively responds to change. Adjusts to and accepts changes in direction and priorities. Sees changes in the business or work environment, understands implications and adjusts priorities as needed on short notice.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Statement:
Houston Ballet is dedicated to creating meaningful change by cultivating a space that honors what is unique in all of us. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We recognize our responsibility to be an inclusive and open organization for students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
Houston Ballet’s shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are “all in” and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballet’s mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.