Job Description: Paraprofessional
Guadalupe Centers Schools are a free, open enrollment, public charter school currently serving students in grades Pre-K-12. Guadalupe Centers Schools are part of the Guadalupe Educational System, Inc. (GES) under Guadalupe Centers, Inc. It is sponsored by the University of Central Missouri. The vision of GES is to empower students to succeed in college and their chosen professions by providing a rigorous and enriching learning experience that develops highly educated, socially conscious, culturally competent, contributing members of society.
Summary: To work with classroom teachers in order to effectively plan, coordinate and carry out instructional activities. Work with teacher to instruct children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for persistence towards graduation by performing the following duties.
Reports To: Building Principal
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with teachers in team teaching, team planning, and daily routines.
- Provide group instruction to assigned children.
- Understand, support and be able to assist in implementing and communicating the curriculum with the children and their parents.
- Assist in preparing and setting up daily materials.
- Work cooperatively with parents and other classroom/ school volunteers and staff.
- Participate on program planning committees and parent involvement activities.
- Attend Professional Development sessions when required.
- Implement individual and group activities to stimulate growth as outlined in the IEP.
- Instruct children in practice of daily living skills as appropriate.
- Provide short-term classroom coverage when teacher must leave the room but remains within the building.
- Lift and transfer students as needed.
- Implement the use of technology to enhance student achievement.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum design, teaching and instruction
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; different learning styles.
Guadalupe Centers, Inc. conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.