The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
DOHMH COVID-19 Vaccination Plan- Round 3 Supplemental Gotham Center, LIC
The New York City (NYC) Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) Bureau of Immunization (BOI) Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) is a central record-keeping system established by DOHMH to track the immunization status of individual children and adults, monitor immunization levels in the population in a timely manner, and implement publicly purchased vaccine ordering, management, and accountability. The CIR is accessible to licensed health care providers, parents and agencies authorized by the DOHMH for the retrieval of immunization records for the purpose of ensuring that children and adults receive all required immunizations and are, thereby, protected from vaccine-preventable diseases.
The Hotline Representative will handle all inquiries to the BOI related to provider participation and immunization uptake in the CIR to support the goals of the bureau those related to the COVID-19 vaccine campaign.
- Answer COVID-19 and routine vaccine-related questions from providers, parents, health plans, and the public at large, and make appropriate referrals.
- Query the CIR database to locate immunization records and provide information to health care providers and parents on obtaining immunization records.
- Perform data entry of records submitted to the CIR
- Assist provider offices with vaccine orders and Vaccine For Children (VFC) Program re-enrollment, and assist with providing education and information about the VFC program and its requirements.
- Participate in outreach efforts for the recruitment and retention of providers in the COVID-19 campaign.
- Participate in CIR data quality activities including immunization data corrections and demographic updates
- Perform administrative duties as needed to meet BOI’s objectives
- Organize and maintain hotline phone logs in a tracking database.