Job Purpose: This position will manage front desk operations ensuring the highest standard of service and the best possible guest/patron experience is offered by Front Desk and Housekeeping. This position requires excellent customer service and professional etiquette; strong communication, leadership and problem-solving skills; and knowledge of hospitality protocol.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The Manager of Guest Services is responsible for overseeing all operational activities for internal and external customers. Track and maintaining lodging data base and lodging related tasks in collaboration with Urban Nashville and SBC Sales staff. Supervise and train all Front Desk and housekeeping, to ensure campus operations run in an efficient manner. This position will also perform basic accounting and record maintenance related duties.
Supplemental Job Responsibilities
- Interview, hire, and train all new operational staff members and volunteers on SOPs, computer systems / software, customer service, etc.
- Schedule Front Desk and Housekeeping to meet the needs of our flow of business.
- Front Desk is responsible for the sorting and distribution of mail and package on a daily basis.
- Secure donations that are made in person, or via the mail, keeping appropriate persons advised as needed.
- Ensure coverage for the campus and be available to provide after-hours on-call assistance for issues that arise, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Maintain constant channels of communication with subordinate staff and other departments to disseminate necessary information.
- Maintain operational staff training manuals, SOPs, and checklists; revise as necessary.
- Oversee front desk staff, monitoring reservations and availability in collaboration with Urban Nashville, maintaining audit logs, communicating daily needs or special requests, and ensuring a warm, welcoming environment for our guests.
- Oversee housekeeping/janitorial staff, conduct regular inspections, communicate daily needs or special requests, and ensuring a clean campus environment in both meeting and lodging spaces.
- Communicate regularly with Sales staff regarding set-up needs for guests and groups.
- Become proficient in SBC current reservation software and interface with Urban Nashville software. Become proficient in all POS systems and capable of taking all accepted forms of payment for various services. Maintain proper records for irregular reservations including tax-exempt and long-term stays.
- Respond to guest questions, concerns, special requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Anticipate sold-out situations and obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations when necessary.
- Order supplies for operational use, staying within the annual budget.
- Monitor staff performance closely and provide necessary ongoing coaching and counseling to ensure a healthy department.
- Submit all necessary payroll documents for staff in a timely manner for each biweekly payroll cycle.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to walk the 10-acre campus on a regular basis and climb at least three flights of stairs
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds to manage package deliveries