The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
DOHMH COVID-19 Vaccination Plan- Round 3 Supplemental Gotham Center, LIC
The New York City (NYC) Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) Bureau of Immunization (BOI) Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) is a central record-keeping system established by DOHMH to track the immunization status of individual children and adults, monitor immunization levels in the population in a timely manner, and implement publicly purchased vaccine ordering, management, and accountability. The CIR is accessible to licensed health care providers, parents and agencies authorized by the DOHMH for the retrieval of immunization records for the purpose of ensuring that children and adults receive all required immunizations and are, thereby, protected from vaccine-preventable diseases.
The CIR Project Coordinator will ensure collaboration among DOHMH and partner agency staff to effectively implement CIR activities in support of the NYC COVID-19 Vaccination Program.
- Coordinates research, data analysis, and programmatic activities among staff within the DOHMH and partner agencies, e.g., the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to improve CIR reporting, data quality, provider participation, and COVID-19 vaccine ordering and management.
- Develops short- and long-terms goals, objectives, and priorities to enhance COVID-19 Vaccination Program operations in collaboration with BOI Assistant Commissioner, CIR Director, CIR Deputy Director, and other BOI senior staff.
- Organizes and implements staff and provider education events, e.g., webinars.
- Writes grant reports and proposals for funding.
- Collaborates with computer consultants and BOI staff to develop and implement enhancements to the CIR to improve immunization program operations.
- Monitors new developments in the field of immunization and immunization information systems (IIS); participates in national workgroups to promote IIS development and COVID-19 immunization coverage.
- Prepares abstracts, articles, and presentations for national, regional, and local publications, conferences, and meetings to disseminate the findings of research projects.
- Performs other duties, as needed.