Reporting to the Dining Room Manager, the Server is responsible for taking food and drink orders from and serving all residents and guests in assigned section of the dining room in a fast, courteous and efficient manner. The server must provide excellent service to residents and guests, ensuring level of service meets the LifeStar Talents standards. The Server respectfully interacts with all residents, family members, visitors, colleagues and staff. This is a safety sensitive position.
It is understood that every incidental duty connected with operations listed in the job description is not always specifically described, and that employees, at the discretion of management, may be required to perform duties not within their job descriptions. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Greets residents and guests in a polite, positive manner; takes beverage orders.
- Answers questions about the menu and takes food orders. Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients, and cooking methods. Suggests any menu item.
- Submits food order into kitchen accurately utilizing a Point-of-Sale system
- Serves residents and guests their desired entrees in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Maintains pleasant dining experience. Checks on residents and guests periodically throughout their meals and attends to their needs.
- Performs clean-up duties after each meal service; and prepares and sets up for next meal.
- Keeps assigned tables clean and properly set up, including vacuuming and arranging tables and chairs.
- Stocks service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The essential mental and physical functions listed below are required in order for an employee to be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.