The Director, Fellowships leads a cross-functional team with primary responsibility for sponsorship fundraising, relationship management and program administration for the Design-Your-Own fellowship program. Reporting to the Vice President of Fellowships, the Director is a senior member within the Fellowships Unit and plays a central role in ensuring continuous growth and enhancement of Equal Justice Works fellowships, and in increasing Equal Justice Works’ influence in facilitating public interest careers. The Fellowships Unit runs Equal Justice Works’ two post-graduate legal fellowship programs and Fellow alumni programs.
The Director holds a leadership role in achieving multi-year sponsorship revenue targets of around $10 million annually and delivering high quality programming for about 150 Fellows each year. The Director works collaboratively with Fellowship Unit directors and across the organization, acting as a key advisor to the Unit VP in setting the vision, strategy and goals on all matters related to sponsor stewardship and fulfillment and DYO fellowship programming. The position works collaboratively with the DYO team to define annual goals and workplans for prospecting, lead generation, account management, fellowship program development and more. Working closely with the Institutional Advancement Unit, the position also maintains an individual portfolio of high value program sponsors.
- Leads a high performing team in the creation, implementation and achievement of program growth strategies and fundraising plans, with primary focus on law firms and corporate sponsors
- Provides technical expertise integral to the Unit’s vision, strategy and goals, and serves as a thought leader and partner to the VP
- Oversees the Design-Your-Own fellowship program in close coordination with Fellowship Unit directors and program staff to ensure an integrated program strategy and operational alignment
- Stewards and grows an individual portfolio comprised of high-value program sponsor prospects and active supporters
- Assists VP in the development of the Unit budget, ensures adequate tracking of program revenue and expense; and prepares regular reports on sponsor engagement and program metrics to the VP
- Supports the professional development, coaching, and mentoring of DYO team
- Represents Equal Justice Works externally, engaging with key stakeholders to elevate program profile and secure funding resources
- Works closely and strategically with the Institutional Advancement Unit team
- Serves on the Strategic Management Team and works collaboratively across the organization to achieve the strategic plan
- Undertakes special projects and other duties as assigned
Senior/Portfolio Managers and Program Manager