Position: Mental Health & Wellness Supervisor
Program: Manhattan Mental Health & Wellness
Reports to: Director, Mental Health & Wellness
Location: Brooklyn & Harlem
Position Type: Full Time
Graham strives to make a life-altering difference to children, youth, and families who are overcoming some of life’s most difficult challenges and obstacles by providing each child we serve with a strong foundation for life: a safe, loving, permanent family and the opportunity and preparation to thrive in school and in the world.
Our Manhattan, Bronx and Brooklyn clinics provide quality mental health services to children, youth, and young adults and their caregivers. Our primary responsibility is to address and help resolve wellbeing barriers; our licensed clinical staff also have an expertise in trauma associated with maltreatment including physical and sexual abuse, foster care removals and adoption.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
With the guidance and support of the Graham Mental Health Management Leadership and Director, the Supervisor will:
- Manage the hiring, development and training of MH & Wellness staff and interns.
- Carry a part-time caseload to include a percentage of program standard for clinicians.
- Responsible for quality compliance and risk management functions by monitoring all alerts and reports for session notes, treatment plans, intake and admission decisions, treatment teams, insurance, etc.
- Oversee the assignment and follow-up of crisis response, outreach, individual/ group/ family therapy, intakes, discharge, screenings, caseloads, etc.
- Share clinical supervision with program leadership to support clinical competency and evidence-based practices. Uphold program fidelity.
- Collaborates with leadership to ensure all required administrative task management and site operations are running smoothly and holding clinicians and interns accountable to those standards.
- Work in partnership with internal Graham programs to create seamless support and access to Mental Health services, evaluations, assessments, high-risk clients, crisis, etc. as well as the community as needed.
- Create and monitor an outreach and intake plan to increase enrollment (100 active clients in Brooklyn satellite), maximize caseloads, meet targets for clients admitted and served at sites. Strategize retention, manage discharges as necessary and ensure exemplary quality of services.
- Hold program staff accountable for productivity and revenue targets.
- Collaborate fluidly between clinic administrative supports, therapeutic services and psychiatry within the clinic. Work seamlessly with all Graham stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with licensure, contract and private foundation requirements as necessary (i.e. the Office of Mental health, Joint Commissions, Medicaid/Mental health /Hygiene and the New York City Department of Health).
- Professional Licensure and/or Certification as required by program regulations and standards (LMHC, LCSW, LMSW)
- (3+) years direct experience working with youth and families in the mental health field
- (2+) years of previous experience supervising mental health and social work professionals/interns
- Prior clinical experience with children/adolescents/families
- Demonstrated understanding of how to create and manage services for multiple stakeholders including children and adults.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Practical and strong decision-making skills.
- Bilingual- English/Spanish preferred
Salary: $80,000 + Merit Pay + Comprehensive Benefits + Staff Development