Central Power Systems & Services is a privately held company with deep roots going back to 1954.
Our Mission Statement is forging long-lasting partnerships by providing first class customer support. We live that statement every single day.
We continue to grow in the Phoenix AZ market. We are looking for the right individual who shares our passion for the products, our desire for continued growth, and our commitment to build more meaningful customer relationships founded on trust and integrity. We support quick thinking, timely decisions, and fast action. A sense of urgency is critical in everything we do.
This field position is focused on our Critical Power Division. It involves the field service of Emergency Standby Generators by MTU, a Rolls Royce Solution. However, we service all brands of emergency standby generators, as well as automatic transfer switches, switchgear, UPS systems, and other related accessories.
The normal working shift is 7AM to 4PM. However, with field service, the opportunity for overtime is common. A candidate should be willing and able to work overtime as needed. Once a technician has proved capable of working in the field solo, they will be part of our rotating after-hours on-call calendar.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who have some degree of prior experience with generator sets, diesel & gaseous engines, and industrial / commercial electrical distribution. However, more importantly, we are looking for technicians who want to grow their skills. CPS&S has a long-standing commitment to employee development. Paid and ongoing product-specific training will be provided at all relevant opportunities.
GENERAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Ability to understand, embrace, and implement new technologies as they evolve.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- General sense of resiliency with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work well with others from a variety of backgrounds.
- Willing to put forth the honest effort in order to be successful.
- Possess good, safe work habits in all environments.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Be able to give regular and predictable full time attendance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in aspects of critical power systems installation, start-up and commissioning.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on electric power generation equipment including gas and diesel engines, generators, and transfer switches.
- Perform service calls as needed and dispatched by branch service manager.
- Complete job notes and any parts requests immediately at the conclusion of all service visits.
- Knowledge of testing and troubleshooting various sized generators.
- Drive safely at all times and maintain a clean and orderly company service truck.
- Any other tasks as assigned by Manager.