Who are we?
MERS Missouri Goodwill’s mission is “Changing lives through the power of work.” MERS Missouri Goodwill provides a variety of programs and services to help support this mission. Some of the many programs and services offered are career counseling, skills training, education and literacy programs, employment services, and more.
1. Retail Associates provide quality customer service through many unique positions including cashier, donation attendant and processor. Depending on assigned duties, responsibilities may include operation of a store cash register, machinery including pallet jack, or material handling equipment as well as sorting, pricing, merchandising, rotating, loading, and unloading donated merchandise.
2. Interacts with staff, co-workers, and customers in a professional, positive, and factual manner.
3. Maintains the highest standard in donor and customer relations, including prompt, friendly, helpful, and courteous service. Professionally answers customer/donor's questions. Refers unresolved questions to managers.
4. Prioritizes customer/donor experiences over tasks by greeting, acknowledging, offering assistance, and thanking each.
5. Treats donations with care and respect. Ensures donations are secure. Safeguards agency assets including, but not limited to cash, donated, and purchased items, from harm, damage, or theft. Reports any incidents of theft or unauthorized possession of agency assets.
6. Upholds cleanliness standards of the store by sweeping, dusting, mopping, and/or shining surfaces. Keeps donation dock, parking lot, and surrounding area from debris as well.
7. Requests assistance from managers for returns, exchanges, and customer complaints.
8. Promotes retail sales, promotions, and special projects.
9. Demonstrates safe workplace practices through awareness and observation. Contributes to ensuring the workplace is hazard-free by removing obstructions and keeping aisles and designated walkways debris free.
10. Read and follows all operational procedures in the Retail Procedure Manual and agency employee handbook.
11. Maintains a well-groomed and professional appearance at all times adhering to MERS/Goodwill's dress code.
12. Communicates workplace incidents and accidents to a member of management team on duty, timely.
13. All other duties as assigned to include cross-training and assisting in other specialized departments.
Benefits at MERS Goodwill
- Employer subsidized individual and family medical benefits.
- Employer subsidized individual and family dental and vision.
- Employee retirement (403b) with company matching 50% up to 6% of employee wages after 1 year of employment.
- Employer contributed retirement (401a) annually after 1 year of employment (contributing to social security; not part of PSRS)
- Employer contributed life insurance (twice W2 wages)
- Optional short-term disability, additional life insurance, and accidental death and dismemberment offered.
- Employee discount
- Employee Assistance Program, vacation, paid holiday, funeral leave, and sick leave.
Earn $14 per hour along with monthly incentive bonuses!