Who are we?
MERS Missouri Goodwill’s mission is “Changing lives through the power of work.” MERS Missouri Goodwill provides a variety of programs and services to help support this mission. Some of the many programs and services offered are career counseling, skills training, education and literacy programs, employment services, and more.
- Supervises directs Retail Associates (Dock workers, Cashiers, Possessors, etc.)
- Interview and hire candidates for employment with MERS/Goodwill & Helps to identify and recommend employees with proven performance for advancement.
- Train employees within the designated period regarding their job duties and all aspects of their employment with MERS/Goodwill.
- Monitor the training of employees and provide appropriate feedback on the performance of each employee.
- Issue disciplinary actions such as written or oral discipline, or other remedial measures to employees.
- Coaching and counseling employees with regard to the performance of their job duties. Said coaching and counseling can lead to further discipline up to and including termination.
- Investigate incidents involving company property, equipment, and personnel. Must issue appropriate discipline from the result of investigations conducted.
- Exercise independent judgment in assigning daily job duties to Retail Associates and Lead Retail Associates to achieve daily operational tasks.
- Ensure that Lead Associates & Retail Associates are performing all of their essential/primary functions. Failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Coordinate and/or make daily bank runs and ensures accuracy of deposits and change orders (excludes, Holidays and Sundays).
- Notifies management immediately of any Cash, register and/or operating issues.
- Contacts Management/HR-VP regarding any harassment, sexual harassment or similar situated complaints or issues at the store.
- Conducts New Hire Orientation on site and ensure all documents are valid, complete, accurate and submitted to HR within 24 hours of completion.
- Ensures employees complete all required trainings within the designated period.
- Overseas store operations, resources and budgets for the Retail Store and ensures all goals are met or exceeded.
- MUST cooperate with all LP and/or HR Investigation
- Performs opening and closing procedure, Monitors and orders supplies for the Retail Store as needed.
Essential function and Duties
- Model core values. Drive culture with an understanding and commitment to establish a culture of safety, ethics, and quality within the store.
- Must read, follow and model all agency policies and procedures.
- Conducts regular internal audits to ensure agency policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Provides Superior internal and external customer service in an effort to ensure repeat donors, shoppers and staff retention.
- Supports customer service efforts by modeling positive and friendly behaviors.
- Deescalate customer dissatisfaction quickly and effectively.
- Assist with Leading the Retail Store team in its efforts to meet and exceed daily, monthly and yearly operative revenue goals, expense and production goals by focusing on:
Quality, quantity, merchandising and, customer experience, cleanliness & organization of the store.
- Reviews store sales regularly to identify areas of opportunity.
- Monitors sales transactions associated with purchases and ensures proper sales procedures are followed by all store associates/staff.
- Analyzes reports and works with district manager to develop a plan when underperformance occurs.
- Ensures donations are treated with care and respect to maximize donation value.
- Oversees the appraisal and pricing of donations and ensures donations are secure. Safeguards agency assets including, but not limited to cash, donated and purchased goods from harm, damage and/or theft.
- Coordinates with Mgr./DM/VP/HR to administer promotions, transfers, corrective actions, and dismissals are within agency policy and applicable laws.
- Partners with Finance, Payroll, HR, IT, LP, Safety, HR Training and Transportation to further business goals and ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Utilizes efficient staffing methods to ensure the store is staffed appropriately. Utilizing scheduling times to ensure effective retail operation. Arranges for replacements of absent employees when necessary. Audits, edits, and approves payroll.
- Eliminates wasteful practices through process improvement.
- Demonstrates safe workplace practices through awareness and observation.
- Ensures the workplace is hazard-free by removing obstructions from aisles and designated walkways. Communicates workplace incidents, accidents, and perceived agency theft to the proper entity to include LP, Paradigm, and/or DM.
- Maintains a professional appearance adhering to MERS Goodwills dress code, consistently reporting to for assigned schedule.
- Other duties as assigned Manager and upper management, (DM/VP/CEO/DM).
Benefits at MERS Goodwill
- Employer subsidized individual and family medical benefits.
- Employer subsidized individual and family dental and vision.
- Employee retirement (403b) with company matching 50% up to 6% of employee wages after 1 year of employment.
- Employer contributed retirement (401a) annually after 1 year of employment (contributing to social security; not part of PSRS)
- Employer contributed life insurance (twice W2 wages)
- Optional short-term disability, additional life insurance, and accidental death and dismemberment offered.
- Employee discount
- Employee Assistance Program, vacation, paid holiday, funeral leave, and sick leave.
Earn $18 per hour along with monthly incentive bonuses!