REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience as a cook or in a related role required
- Proven knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage
- Must be able to obtain food safety certification
- Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
PHYSICAL / MENTAL / EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1) Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
2) Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
3) Capable of standing and maneuvering independently and safely around work areas.
4) Capable of standing on hard floor for an 8 hour shift.
5) Have sufficient manual dexterity to operate a fire extinguisher and to manipulate kitchen equipment, including slicer, chopper, processor, can opener, ovens, grills, knives, etc.
6) Subject to moderate physical and emotional stress associated with food service.
7) Performance of job tasks will involve exposure to cleaning chemicals requiring precautions.
8)Exposure to extreme temperatures