The ideal candidate will have the following education, work history, knowledge and skills.
- Experience: 5+ years in warehouse operations. Experience in a large company with well-established processes and system is a must. Prior experience in implementing a warehouse automation system is important.
- Knowledge and skills: Familiar with bar-coding, EDI, proof of delivery procedures. Experience and knowledge of setting up and running an assembly operation is a strong plus. Labor forecasting and flexing work is important. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Personality and Character:
The ideal candidate will have most of the following traits:
- Goal oriented.
- Can-do, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Creative, can come up with new ideas.
- Willing to try new things.
- Good leadership skills, and able to motivate others.
- Willing to hire strong people and build bench strength.
- Frequent daily use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Sit for extended periods of time; including at a computer.
- Repetitive hand and wrist movements for frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Occasional travel to out of state facility.
- Frequent short distance travel between 2 local facilities.
- General office and warehouse environment.
- Frequent exposure to material handling equipment.
- Occasional exposure to high and precarious places.
- Frequent exposure to varying temperatures and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Teacher Created Materials (TCM) is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran. This policy of non-discrimination and affirmative action applies to all levels of employment and to all employment practices, including (but not limited to) compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, educational, training, recreational and social activities.