As a Supervisor, your principle responsibilities include
- Train employees to perform job functions to best of their ability
- Encourage new ways of looking at problems and solutions
- Run assigned processes to specification and react to manufacturing problems
- Meet product efficiency standards and control operational cost
- Promote a safe work environment
- Monitor quality control standards and performance
- Work directly with Engineering in problem solving
- Schedule and obtain overtime
- Recordkeeping for time and attendance
- Maintain excellent cleanliness and order in the work area
Other responsibilities of this position include:
- Receive, check and enter COA information
- Coordinate with suppliers, railroad and AGY Purchasing in order to receive materials on time as required.
- Monitor raw material inventory and report to AGY Purchasing any outstanding issue.
- Coordinate and report results of RM month-end inventory.
BATCH FORMULAS / GLASS ANALYSIS
- View XRF glass analysis. Analyze result versus oxide targets, report to Batch and Furnace Leader
- Manage E-Glass batch formulas to keep glass within control limits, including paperwork and distribution.
- Modify S-2 Batch formulas if necessary, following instructions from Materials Science Department.
- Coordinate and schedule manual can preparation for C-Wing semi-auto batching system
- Monitor seeds and glass color results from glass lab
BATCH HOUSES AND WING BATCHING SYSTEMS
- Monitor operation of batch houses, C-Wing Systems and E Wing System via Wonderware and physical walkthroughs.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Dept. corrective and preventive measures.
- Monitor operation of running furnaces checking for daily variation
- Perform furnace walkthroughs and assist in facilitating necessary hot repairs
- Support cold repairs and rebuilds
- Coordinate and schedule repairs and PMs with the Maintenance Dept.