Deliver all aspects of end-to-end development and implementation of instructional design for CHEST digital learning activities in close collaboration with staff, vendors, and partners. Recommend and apply adult learning theory, instructional design, and design models to align with current content, longitudinal learning pathways and the CHEST Learning Strategy to deliver high-impact learning and enhance patient outcomes. Leverage innovative tools and technologies appropriate for a variety of digital learning experiences for both clinician and patient audiences. Provide guidance and support for subject matter experts, external vendors and staff in the areas of instructional design, teaching strategies, instructional technology applications and evaluation of learning and performance change.
Due to Covid restrictions, this position is remote until further notice.
- Demonstrate a passion for crushing lung disease and embody CHEST values: honor the team, lead with integrity, leverage passion, cultivate innovation, and have serious fun.
- Develop e-learning programs including interactive modules or full online courses composed of modules, live or on-demand webinars or podcasts, case-based series, slides sets and reference guides, simulation modules, self-study modules, games, apps and other tools.
- Support the CHEST annual meeting, CHEST World Congress, Board Review courses, simulation activities, CHEST Enterprises and non-CME offerings, and other courses by managing the development of related e-learning materials to be used as pre- or post-coursework or made available to learners onsite.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders (ie, staff, faculty subject matter experts [SMEs]/Chairs) to develop all assigned e-learning programs, including:
- Work with SMEs and staff to define new activities through the completion of charter and scope forms and collaboration with appropriate staff and committees through a gating process.
- Invite chairs and identify and invite faculty for activities through defined processes.
- With SMEs, develop appropriate learning objectives from identified needs from the target audience matched to the desired outcomes. Ensure appropriate assessment strategies and tools are used to measure changes in learners knowledge, competence, and performance.
- In collaboration with Education Operations staff, contribute to development of budgets and development timelines for e-learning activities. Ensure budgets and deadlines are met.
- Coordinate launch and communication plans with Marketing and Customer Support.
- Lead kick-off call and planning meetings.
- Coordinate the development of agendas, instructional design framework, scripts and storyboards in collaboration with SMEs and other staff.
- Ensure the on-time submission of content from subject matter experts and procure media files as needed.
- Collaborate with LMS Specialists and IT staff on the production and review of content.
- Track sales and usage of all programs and tools.
- Develop and provide outcomes report for distribution to course Chair and senior staff at predetermined intervals for all assigned programs and tools.
- Work with faculty to identify programs that require updates and develop a plan to make necessary changes.
- Help maintain and appropriately archive materials for ACCME accreditation purposes.
5. Serve as a resource to the education team in the area of instructional design, by:
- Evaluating and reporting on learner engagement with e-learning activities; monitoring completion rates, time spent in modules, and outcomes to identify areas for improvement.
- Recommending changes to processes, procedures, and metrics to facilitate the improvement of e-learning activities, encourage learner engagement, and improve educational outcomes.
- Assisting Director with the preparation and review of newly proposed e-learning activities, reviewing learning objectives, assisting in the development of needs assessments, and making recommendations for educational methodology and appropriate outcome measurements to be utilized.
- Developing and delivering appropriate training materials to onboard faculty and educate them on best practices in e-learning.
- Ensuring e-learning program reflects trends and best practices in adult learning, educational technology and healthcare professional training and continuing medical education. Attend training and learning opportunities to broaden knowledge and expertise in these areas.
- Collaborating with Education Operations team to ensure consistent application of instructional design and planning formats across all activities.
6. Develop ways to incorporate interactivity (eg, ARS, polling, games, case-based scenarios, simulations, exercises) into appropriate course design to increase participation and educational retention.
7. Support the development of standardized post-learning evaluation and success metrics.
8. Assist with the assessment of partner relationships and new avenues for distributing.
9. Collaborate with Customer Support team by providing second tier support to learners for e-learning.
10. Ensure adherence to best practices in distance learning aligned with CHEST learning strategy.
11. Assist with the evaluation of the quality of technology-delivered content.
12. Help maintain inventory of online courses and archived webcasts for distribution.
13. Support the development of programs designed to engage new members and faculty in volunteering for CHEST activities.
- Completes other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Consult and partner with other members within and outside of division to coordinate implementation of learning initiatives and to facilitate effective use of all program tools and resources. Continuously identify and implement learning practices that add value to the business and simplify execution.
- Provide support to members, committees, faculty, and learners, emphasizing a customer-service, learner-centric approach to all interactions and promoting a responsive, positive environment.
- Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures and contribute to maintaining compliance with ACCME and SSH standards, including maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Work collaboratively with staff in other departments and divisions as well as faculty SMEs/Chairs to achieve shared goals
- Demonstrate a commitment to continual process improvement, the spirit of innovation, and teamwork
- Maintain working knowledge of all systems and workflows required to execute activities (AMS, LMS, submission and review systems).