- A high school diploma or equivalent, or 2+ years of experience in providing outstanding customer service
- Bilingual/bicultural (English/Spanish) skills and knowledge preferred
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management systems, such as Salesforce, and efficiency in Microsoft Office preferred
- Ability to actively listen, critically think, and problem solve
- Possess a high attention to detail and ability to follow procedures
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to recognize and respect the many forms of diversity
- Demonstrate knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Girl Scouts program, principles, and standards
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination, unless a qualifying religious or medical exemption is needed
Oral and Written Communication abilities (i.e. In person, verbal, written, and/or phone) - expresses ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner appropriate for the individual or group; listens to and comprehends what others are saying; prepares organized and structured presentations; has demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues and communicate effectively with a diverse group of girls, volunteers, and staff.
Judgment and Decision-Making - recognizes when immediate action is required; recognizes when sufficient information has been obtained to make a decision; makes decisions where appropriate or refers decisions to the appropriate organizational level; makes decisions without undue delay
Customer Responsiveness - seeks and acknowledges the views and ideas from customers; identifies, prioritizes, and balances customer issues; takes time to answer questions and explain decisions; follows through on commitments to customers in a timely manner; maintains a commitment to continuous improvement.
Technical Fluency in systems including but not limited to Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Customer Relationship Management systems, and social networking.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including regular evenings and weekends
Hours covered 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (between team) – subject to change
Promote organizational culture and community statement:
The Girl Scouts Heart of Central California Community Statement
We are a community who wants as many girls as possible to be Girl Scouts.
Our community is girl-centric and performance-driven.
As a collective, we care about each other, are sincere and relational with a strong sense of purpose.
As a member of this community, I have certain responsibilities:
I am accountable for individual, team and organizational goals.
- I am committed to quality.
- I collaborate when appropriate, am solutions-oriented and thoughtfully solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- I am able to find a balance between shared and trusted procedures and innovative ideas in order to work effectively and efficiently.
- I am a professional and exhibit ethical behavior, skills and knowledge competence and leadership development.
- I challenge my fears and demonstrate courage.
- I contribute to an environment of inclusivity, belonging and fun.