EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree preferred. May substitute education for 3-5 years of industry experience.
• Possess a solid understanding of the braille code, tactile graphics needs and in-class general education curriculums, to identify where accessibility holes are present, highly preferred.
• Extensive experience with screen readers (such as JAWS, NVDA) and braille translation software (e.g. BrailleBlaster, Duxbury).
• Must have a passion for creating high quality, innovative products and experiences.
• The candidate will demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be extremely user focused and a tremendous problem solver.
• Must be knowledgeable of basic educational principles and concepts. Demonstrated success developing and launching excellent products.
• Interest in the science, technology, engineering, art and math, (STEAM), needs of blind and low vision students to ensure they can perform at the same level as their sighted classmates.
• Have an understanding of the needs for both students and teachers in the classroom and during virtual instruction
• Must show experience in leading teams, including being able to communicate, compromise, and work across departmental lines while ensuring successful completion of projects.
• Must have experience with product development and familiarity with the stage-gate process.
• Beneficial to have an understanding of the quality assurance process and a customer empathy, ideally with experience supporting customers in the field.
• Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Must have working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Internet browsers, and assistive technologies. Virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams etc.)
• Candidate should have experience with bug and backlog tracking software such as Redmine, Jira, etc.
• Must be willing to travel 3-4 weeks per year.
Minimum: $59810.87 Midpoint: $75037.01
CLICK HERE to apply. If you have issues applying online through Paycom, please email Zach Korby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APH IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer