Ostrow Reisin Berk & Abrams, LTD
Winter/Spring Tax Intern
ORBA is seeking tax season interns who would be involved primarily with personal and business income tax return preparation, but may also be exposed to additional areas of tax. Training includes some classroom-type instruction, but is predominantly on-the-job with close supervision and constant feedback. The individual will be working closely with partners and staff, and will have direct contact with clients of various industries.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
• Gathering, organizing and analyzing data and preparing income tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts, estates, non-profit organizations and retirement plans; and
• Assisting in special projects, such as tax projections or consulting engagements.
What We Offer:
- Flexible hours and convenient downtown Chicago location
- Dress for your day attire (jeans in the office and appropriate attire at clients)
- Discounted gym membership
- Mentoring and Leadership Development Programs
- Fun firm sponsored social events
- Generous paid time off and holiday time
- 15% referral fee for bringing in new clients
- Competitive compensation package and a broad range of insurance programs
- Salary is market based with overtime and merit increases
- Tremendous growth opportunities in a diverse and less structured working environment
• Current graduate student or undergraduate student;
• Course work in Accounting and a general business background (course work in Taxes is preferred, but not required);
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Detail-oriented mindset; and
• Outstanding analytical ability and judgment.