Who We Are:
NatureBridge provides environmental science education experiences for more than 30,000 students and their teachers every year in the worlds best classrooms: our National Parks. Our mission is to connect young people to the science and wonder of the natural world, igniting self-discovery, and inspiring stewardship of the planet.
What You Will Do:
The Director of Operations (DO) reports to the Olympic Campus Director and leads all aspects of Olympic campus operations for our residential Environmental Science programs. The DO is responsible for successful execution of all program logistics and exceptional customer service. The DO works closely with all departments and Directors to support collaboration across the organization.
This position takes place at our campus in Olympic National Park and requires regular attendance on campus, but allows for some work to be done remotely.
Your primary job will be to:
- Ensure smooth program delivery and implementation by developing and supporting logistical systems.
- Establish and maintain respectful, supportive and compassionate relationships with staff, volunteers and participants.
- Optimize business processes and systems across teams; determine priorities, create project plans, lead and manage implementation with campus and department partners.
- Lead campus use of Salesforce.
- Manage and help develop annual budgets
- Partner with Risk Management to ensure the safety and security of staff, schools and programs.
- Oversee the hiring, training and supervision of Operations staff that includes 1 Operations Manager and 2-4 Site Managers dependent on campus needs; provide backup support as needed for each direct report.
- Manage staff logistics, scheduling, and coordinate shared resources; communicate program logistics and schedules to staff
- Ensure a high level of customer service for all customer groups, solicit and respond to feedback
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with key National Park Service management.
- Respond as needed to the campus urgent response system on weekends and evenings.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- $55,000 annual salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Option for a 403b retirement plan with employer match after 6 months
- 3 weeks paid vacation, training days, and sick leave.