Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, building management, or in other related fields. An associate degree with relevant work experience may also be considered.
- Preferably 6+ years of related experience in architectural/structural steel design in a manufacturing environment, or a combination of education and experience.
- Strong proficiency with latest version of AutoCAD.
• Understanding of structural theory and connection types.
• Development of bills of materials from detail drawings.
• Strong sense of urgency and motivation.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Access.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts including geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with employees and customers.
• Must be able to prioritize effectively.
Occasional travel may be required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCad.
Autodesk INVENTOR and Vault experience is highly desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, except in the manufacturing environment where PPE may be required.
NRS a PlayCore Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.