Provides comprehensive primary health care to health center patients in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease. Acts as primary health care provider within the scope of his/her primary care specialty (i.e., Family Practice, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provider comprehensive primary health care:
- Performs physical examinations on new and return clients.
- Admits patients to the hospital at which he/she has admitting privileges; may refer some clients to other institutions for hospitalization as appropriate
- Refers clients to specialists as necessary.
- Documents all patient care activities per Health Center medical records protocol.
- Participates in the call coverage rotation during hours when center is closed.
- Participates in community and clinic education programs.
- Contributes toward the development of goals and objectives relevant to specialty/life cycle area or other annual action plan. Attends meetings when assigned.
- Maintains productivity level necessary to reach mandated level of client encounters.
- Participates as member of interdisciplinary health care team
- Maintains quality standards.
- Maintains current credentialing & licensure.
- Collaborates with other providers by including collaborative practice agreement with advanced practice nurses as assigned.
- Assists in supervision of health professions or residents when assigned.
- Participates in Health Center staff and team meetings as appropriate.
- Participates in other Health Center committee meetings such as Quality Assurance as assigned.
- Maintains minimum CME certificates as required by Law.
- Agreements with Erie externally as assigned.
- Arrives at “YES” for Erie Family Health Centers patient & staff.
- Adheres to all Erie Family Health Center policies & procedures.
- Performs procedures as qualified and privileged for the ambulatory setting.
- Other duties as assigned.