New Castle Building Products (NCBP) is a full-service distributor based in White Plains, NY. NCBP operates with seven core values: Caring, Urgency, Teamwork, Honesty, Accountability, Flexibility and Passion. All our 20+ locations from Massachusetts to Baltimore operate with these core values as their driving force. We look for team members who will display and share these values with fellow employees and customers.
Our location based in Baltimore is seeking a full-time Roof Material Handler. Responsibilities will include; load and unload, and move materials in the warehouse and on the roof at a work site as well as other responsibilities.
Responsibilities for the Role:
- Participates in manually loading orders on outgoing trucks by repetitive lifting of up to 80-100 lbs.
- Accompany driver to job site; assist driver by guiding truck onto and off of customer’s property to avoid damage.
- Participants in the proper unloading of materials to roof by repetitive lifting or using conveyor at job sites (YOU WILL BE ON THE ROOF, SOMETIMES UP TO 50' AND HIGHER)
- Assists customers in loading vehicles.
- Count, verify and manually unload incoming orders and shipments.
- Maintain inventory in appropriate/designated storage areas in warehouse.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Requirements for the Role:
- Compliance to OSHA roof work regulations.
- Clean Driving Record/DOT Medical Card if Driving Commercial Vehicle
- Forklift Certified
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to work at heights of 50' or more
- Become familiar with and properly utilize all required safety and fall protection equipment at all times.
- Must be a self-starter, dependable and a team player.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds; frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
What is in it for me?
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits: Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
- 401(k) with discretionary employer match
- Paid vacation and Holidays
- Yearly reviews with opportunities to advance your career based on performance.