Reporting to the Facilities Director, the Maintenance Technician provides a variety of standard and skilled tasks in the maintenance and repair of grounds and facilities. This position is subject to call backs during emergency conditions such as severe weather, evacuation and post-disaster. The Maintenance Technician respectfully interacts with all residents, family members, visitors, colleagues and staff. This is a safety sensitive position.
It is understood that every incidental duty connected with operations listed in the job description is not always specifically described, and that employees, at the discretion of management, may be required to perform duties not within their job descriptions. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Provides outstanding customer service by ensuring that residents and their families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individuals needs and rights
- Maintains buildings and grounds in a clean, safe and orderly condition
- Familiar with electrical and plumbing systems
- Able to patch and repair drywall
- Performs minor painting
- Works closely with and follows directions of the Facilities & Engineering Director
- Maintains and repairs basic functions of the Village as determined by management
- Takes care of tools and equipment
- Makes minor repairs and performs preventative maintenance on all equipment, physical plant and grounds
- Carries, lifts and stocks supplies.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The essential mental and physical functions listed below are required in order for an employee to be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
- On-call rotation with other members of the department
- Ability to read and write, follow written and verbal instructions, and communicate effectively in English.
- Thinking critically; defined as reading, understanding, and taking appropriate action on detailed and complex information.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Walking long distances daily
- Lifting, pushing and carrying up to 100 lbs
- Repetitive actions/motion of one or both hands
- Hearing ordinary conversation and office sounds
- Verbal communication in person and on the phone
- Written communication by hand and on PC
- Work schedule includes evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.