Software Engineer, Fundraising Team
About the Opportunity
As a Software Engineer, you’ll take business requirements and leverage Voice of Customer to help us build a world-class user experience.
Is a redesign of one our systems on deck? you’ll be working with a team of Back-end and Front-end engineers to develop API endpoints that the front-end code can consume and post data to. You can also provide your input and ideas on how to architect and structure the new system so that it is clean, scalable and maintainable.
Did a bug pop in the system? You will be able to dig in, debug the issue, and find a resolution that solves the root cause - and doesn’t create new ones!
Are we building a new feature or adding an enhancement for an existing product? You will help us scope the task in order to determine timelines and translate it into technical requirements. You'll help us build an end product that meets the requirements and keeps our projects on-time. You are able to work within already stablished systems/architecture, trace existing code and follow code and naming conventions. When working with team members outside of your department on a specific task, you are able to explain complex technical concepts in a non-technical way that they can understand.
Is new back-end code ready to be merged into the codebase? Help us keep our code clean, readable and scalable and provide any necessary suggestions to your peers to ensure that the code is top quality and meets all established standards.
What does success look like?
- Understand the basic use cases of the products that fall under the Fundraising Team within 90 days, as well as the underlying code structure and framework.
- Write efficient, high quality and forward-thinking code, written in a way that is clean, readable and scalable.
- Develop timely, well tested solutions. Solutions are well tested for success, errors and edge cases and timelines are constantly met or surpassed.
- Debug existing issues in the system effectively.
What challenges can you expect?
- There is a lot to learn. The overall platform is large, multi-faceted and feature rich.
- Code style can be inconsistent throughout the system.
- Product documentation is very limited and will require active pursuit of system knowledge.
- Some fixes require research as systems are tightly coupled together and fixing something in one can break the other.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company building products that help nonprofits fundraise more effectively so they can change the world
- Competitive pay
- Health, vision, dental insurance, fitness plan reimbursement, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- A flexible paid time off policy and paid holidays
- Paid volunteer time off so you can make good things happen in your community
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (after 12 months of employment)
- Time off to vote
- The hardware you need to get the job done!
- We value our employees’ health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Lots of Qgiv gear to add to your wardrobe (we have some of the softest shirts around)!
Who are we?
Qgiv is a fast-growing technology company with a history of delivering innovative solutions that empower nonprofit organizations and their fundraising programs. Qgivers are active learners and collaborators, motivated by the work our customers do and the impact they’re making on the world.
We’re guided by our core values: empathy, introspection, honesty + integrity, persistence, openness, respect, and passion. We work hard to meet deadlines and goals, but we also take time to celebrate and have fun! When we’re in the office (darn you, COVID!), we enjoy game nights, potlucks, costume and office decorating competitions, a monthly birthday cake, and more free snacks and beverages than should be allowed. While remote, we stay connected through video and Slack, weekly coffee talks, and virtual Town Hall meetings.
By joining the team, you’ll have the support and encouragement to do remarkable things every day. We face challenges together and we win together. And together, we deliver world-class solutions that transform the way our nonprofit customers fundraise so that they can have a greater impact on the world around us.