The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Infectious Diseases Grant (ELC))
The Bureau of Division Management & Systems Coordination (DMSC), part of the Division of Disease Control (DDC), is composed of the Informatics, Data and Outbreak Response teams which are responsible for the infectious disease surveillance systems, electronic laboratory reporting workflow and health information exchange. DMSC supports all other DDC bureaus with monitoring and analyzing trends in disease data, used for the recognition, prevention, and control of infectious diseases.
We are seeking to fill positions in the Division of Disease Control that will provide project and program management support for DOHMH’s COVID-19 work in New York City. It is expected that the position will work 35 hours per week. This position will support informatics programs and projects funded under the ELC grant. This person will report to DMSC and routinely liaise with partners across The Division of Disease Control as well as across other divisions including the Division of Finance and the Division of IT.
- Support Informatics Team in various aspects of strategy, planning, and implementation
- Identify internal and external key stakeholders and develop involvement/communication system.
- Assure stakeholder involvement and representation in planning and decision making.
- Manage all processes including organizing meetings, collecting and analyzing feedback, overseeing logistics of process and with support from Program Management Lead, manage budget and contracts.
- Identify resource needs (ex: training, evaluation, technical assistance) and access them.
- Develop and track project metrics and make recommendations to stakeholders based on performance.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders (including vendors and agency partners) to ensure conformance to deliverables schedules.
- Coordinate meetings among the project partners and stakeholders.