We currently have a full-time opening for an engaging and collaborative Personal Banker II. As a member of the Retail Branch team, reporting directly to the Assistant Manager /Branch Manager, the Personal Banker II is Main Street Bank’s experienced level Personal Banker. This people-focused role requires more advanced skills and knowledge to perform a variety of duties to ensure the ongoing effective operation of the assigned branch.
We welcome diverse talent of all kinds to join our team. If you are driven by results, bring your highest self to work, enjoy building relationships on mutual success, and embrace innovative thinking, you have met your match!
About Main Street Bank
Main Street Bank is a locally run, independent mutual savings institution serving the MetroWest and northern Middlesex communities of Massachusetts. We are united under a culture that strives every day to contribute to our communities by providing customer-focused, innovative products and services for individuals, families, local businesses, and community organizations since 1860, with particular attention to education and financial wellbeing. With branch offices in the MetroWest and North Middlesex region, Main Street Bank provides an extensive array of financial services and products for all personal and business life stages. To learn more, visit BankMainStreet.com.
Become Part of the Main Street Bank Team
You Deserve to Love What You Do!
What You’ll Do:
The Personal Banker II assists the Assistant Manager/Branch Manager in ensuring that the teller line staffing, operations, sales, and service function at the highest possible levels and may delegate responsibilities and work assignments as required. This position may exercise administrative control over the functions of the teller line to ensure its ongoing effective operation in conformance with established Bank policies and procedures. Responsibilities may include overseeing daily teller activities, conducting teller transactions, cross selling bank products and services, building customer relationships, and performing account opening and customer service transactions. This position is also expected to embrace the established sales and service culture to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
- Help to attain internal performance objectives for branch business volume, deposits, loans, customer relationship expansion and quality audit reports, sharing responsibility for achieving goals
- Open all types of deposit accounts, including retirement products and safe deposit boxes, determine needed documentation; follow up to ensure that it is received and properly filed.
- Handle customer problems and complaints in a professional and timely manner and coordinate appropriate follow-up.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of branch policies and procedures including the process of approving checks, general ledger tickets and providing system overrides.
- Participate in Branch activities that generate new business such as promoting branch sales culture and special promotional events.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of Bank’s deposit and loan products as well as additional services offered.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Three plus years’ experience in a financial institution
- Means and mode to travel to any of Main Street Bank’s locations as needed on an occasional basis.
- Solid understanding and application of administration activities with an understanding of office procedures and ability to operate standard office equipment
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Relationship Builder - Develops and maintains relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintains alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals.
What Will Make Us Really Love You
- You will speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, vendors, and other employees.
- You define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- You’re a relationship builder - Develop and maintain relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintain alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals
What You’ll Love About Us
Great Company Culture!
These are words straight from our employees, and what you will experience working for Main Street Bank.
“Choosing to work here has enhanced my career”; “Senior management’s doors are always open”; “I absolutely love what I do”; “The culture is awesome!” These are words straight from our employees, and what you will experience working for Main Street Bank.
What else you get when you choose a career here?
- Work-life balance in a family-oriented, community organization
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Make an Impact- We care about your individuality by giving you freedom to grow within the company, regardless of your position
- Access to robust onsite and outside training programs to hone your skillset.
- Collaboration with an innovative, creative, and fun team of people dedicated to what they do.
- Expand your opportunities for career growth and cross-departmental exposure participating in Lean initiatives.
- We encourage ambitious employees to expand their horizons by pairing them with an experienced mentor to further their professional growth as part of our Rising Star Mentorship Program.
- Rest and Relaxation – Up to 4 weeks paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- Health Benefits
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental with HSA and FSA options.
- A robust Wellness Program that offers the opportunity for additional Bank contribution towards premiums.
- Special rates on voluntary benefits for legal advice and insurance for your pet!
- Prepare for your Future –
- 401(k) that offers a generous company match and a Safe Harbor contribution, access to a personal financial advisor, and both legal and life insurance.
- Employee Emergency Reserve Account – We’ll help you put a little extra $$ away for those unexpected expenses.
- Give Back Program– get paid to give your time to the community. Ask us how!!
- Educational Benefits - Whether you are a previous student, currently enrolled or are looking to enroll, we can help cover some of those expenses.
If this sounds good to you, apply to become part of the Main Street Bank Team. Visit our careers page to see the full job description and discover what makes us the best Careers at Main Street Bank (bankmainstreet.com).
Main Street Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and gender identity.
Main Street Bank is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 508-460-4198 or send an email to email@example.com and we will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all final candidates to complete a background screening and consumer credit check before being hired.