Who We Are:
NatureBridge provides environmental science education experiences for more than 30,000 students and their teachers every year in the world’s best classrooms: our National Parks. Our mission is to connect young people to the science and wonder of the natural world, igniting self-discovery, and inspiring stewardship of the planet.
What You Will Do:
The Facilities Director supervises the facilities team, and oversees the routine, annual and emergency maintenance of the NatureBridge historic buildings, infrastructure and grounds within Fort Cronkhite, in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. The Facilities Director is responsible for occupational health and safety, fire safety, inspections, procurement, operational and capital budgets, and space allocation changes as it relates to the access and use of campus buildings, equipment and vehicles.
This position takes place at our campus in the Marin Headlands, near Sausalito, CA, and cannot be done remotely.
Your primary job will be to:
- Oversee the hiring, training, and supervision of the Facilities Caretakers and Campus Custodians.
- Develop cooperative relationships with key National Park Service/GGNRA management and ensure that all work completed is in compliance with NPS policies, procedures and standards.
- Prepare an annual operating plan and capital budget for repairs, maintenance, equipment, and supplies. Meet the financial commitment through cost control.
- Ensure that all operations meet federal safety and health standards that are conducted by the National Park Service (NPS).
- Procure all facilities-related equipment and supplies and administer payment of all invoices.
- Supervise the routine cleaning and maintenance of all campus buildings, vehicles, and safety equipment. This includes the inspection and certification of fire suppression systems.
- As a member of the Campus Emergency Response Team (CERT), respond to emergencies, working closely with Golden Gate Leadership Team and the NatureBridge Risk Management Director
- Coordinate the bi-annual housing survey and housing assignment process for environmental science educators and summer housing placements.
- Encourage innovation in the facilities departments in sustainable practices.
- Represent the facilities team at meetings with leadership and in committees.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- $65,000 annual salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Option for a 403b retirement plan with employer match after 6 months
- Generous paid vacation, training days, and sick leave.
- Other benefits include Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and more