If you enjoy steady work that involves predictability, consistency where tasks are done in an orderly and systematic way and are privately recognized for your spotless safety record, then keep reading!
We are New Castle Building Products, a leading commercial and residential building materials company with over 20 locations from Maryland to Massachusetts. Our success is rooted in our commitment to delivering exceptional customer service and operational efficiency.
We are looking for a steady, highly-qualified Boom Operator / Driver for our Brooklyn location. In this role, your responsibilities will be to safely transport material to the client's location, load/unload material from the warehouse to and from your truck as needed, and unload material when you arrive at the customer's site. We prefer experienced candidates who are professional, courteous, and always drive safely.
- Operate boom to lift and move building materials from ground storage areas and trucks to top of building
- Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms or lifting accessories to prevent malfunctions or damage.
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities to prevent overload.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain mechanisms such as cables, pulleys, or grappling devices, making repairs as necessary
- Operate forklift in a safe manner with proper safety equipment
- Frequent lifting and moving of material up to 80 pounds
- Ability to function in a dynamic warehouse environment including order fulfillment
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills for positive relationships with both customers and colleagues
- Observes and understands all safety practices and procedures
- Attend safety meetings as required
Requirements for the role:
- MUST have Articulated Boom Crane or Knuckle Boom Certification
- NCCCO certified
- Prior experience in building materials a plus
- Must be detail and customer service oriented
- OSHA 10
- Warehouse and truck mounted forklift experience
- At least 2+ years Class A or B experience
- CDL Class A or B license with Hazmat Endorsement
What is in it for me?
BENEFITS - Union Benefits
- Unparalleled work environment
- Competitive pay
Wage Range: $28 - $31.80/hour based on the Union Contract. In compliance with applicable law, this range is a good faith estimate based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law.