Children’s Health Home Care Manager – Queensbury, NY
The Children’s Health Homes program is seeking a full-time Care Manager out of our Queensbury – Bay Road location. These positions are responsible for engaging children, youth, and families via outreach and enrollment activities for successful enrollment in a children’s health home and the subsequent provision of health home services.
The Care Manager positions will maintain full caseloads of families and meet with each on a weekly basis. The goal will be to rapidly engage and sustain engagement of the families throughout course of treatment using assessment tools appropriate to the position. As part of a clinical team, this position will identify and discuss the strengths, risk factors, and service needs that may impact the health and safety of the client/family, as well as develop and document progress on treatment goals and methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather assessments and enter documentation that confirms eligibility and identifies area(s) requiring support services.
- Work with children, youth, families and service providers to create a comprehensive Plan of Health Care.
- Identify and engage additional providers (e.g. natural supports, parent advocates, primary care physicians) with children youth and families as necessary.
- Coordinate the continuing involvement of families and service providers in the execution of the plan.
- Convene and conduct quarterly meetings to review progress updating Plan of Care, identifying progress and confirming ongoing eligibility.
- Document progress and arrange for eventual transitions between systems, placements, health homes, and /or various levels of care following changes in eligibility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field, and two years of experience providing direct services to persons diagnosed with mental disabilities, developmental disabilities, alcoholism, or substance abuse.
- Requires the ability to drive: Must possess a valid driver’s license and automobile that is insured in accordance with New York State Requirements.
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Our employees receive a generous time off and health care package, tuition reimbursement, loan repayment assistance, free training/CEU opportunities, flexible work schedule, and much more!
Apply today to become part of our team!
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.