- Two (2) or more years of experience working in the game industry
- A strong portfolio of quality VFX work
- Expert knowledge of VFX-to-game pipelines
- Knowledge of creating materials in Unreal and a demonstrable ability to improve their visual quality and performance in the Unreal game engine
- Experience with Unreal’s Blueprint scripting system
- Experience with Unreal’s particle systems, either Cascade or Niagara
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing)
- Ability to work with technical documentation
- Well-versed in the use of motion, lighting, and color in the communication of VFX across different game genres
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and a passion for creating AAA quality VFX for games
- Experience with narrative or cinematic driven games
- Demonstrable portfolio representing the above skill sets and experience
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, PerForce
- Experience with using any programming or shader language (HLSL, GLSL, Python, C++, etc)
- Competitive starting salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Growth opportunities for your career
About Deck Nine
Deck Nine Games is an independent game developer dedicated to crafting interactive story games that inspire, transform, and entertain players. Our passion is storytelling games.
Our first narrative game, Life is Strange: Before the Storm is loved by fans and has won multiple awards, including Game of Year and was nominated for both a VGA and a BAFTA. The studio is 100+ people and is in sunny Westminster, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountains. We hope to share more information about our next title with Square Enix as soon as we can.
We’re looking for talented and self-motivated people to join us as we aim to rise to the top of the storytelling game studios. We are part of the thriving Colorado game dev scene and our location offers a lower cost of living and a proximity to countless family-friendly activities and amazing outdoor opportunities. If this sounds appealing to you, please apply!
As the crafters of stories that encompass the full breadth of life’s experiences, Deck Nine is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural team in which people from all walks of life feel inspired to do their best work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and believe deeply in the creativity and strength built from diversity of race, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, and the many other qualities that make us different.