About RightNow Media
RightNow Media's mission is to work with the global church to inspire people to love others before self and Christ above all. We serve the global church by providing streaming video resources that inspire and equip people to disciple and love others at home, at work, at school, and in their communities. We love teamwork, authentic stories, our families, hard work, and the church.
We have been a Certified Best Christian Workplace by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute for the past five years.
RightNow media is looking for an experienced back-end engineer to join our software development team in McKinney, TX. This person will be responsible for writing high-quality server-side software as a member of our in-house team to create the services and data-stores that drive new experiences for our users on the web and native apps, with a focus on relational database systems and distributed service applications. This person will help the team design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions to drive business value. They will have the opportunity to solve complex problems using cutting-edge technologies and modern engineering practices.
This person values personal and professional growth and has a passion for exploring and learning new topics. The successful candidate will strive for excellence in both their work and their relationships and maintain a professional outlook in all situations and interactions. This person will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to accomplish tasks and objectives with minimal guidance.
This role will be based at our headquarters near Dallas in McKinney, Texas. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30a.m.-5:00p.m.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with and across development teams to design, develop, test and implement full-stack solutions by providing expertise in backend technologies and practices.
- Build containerized and serverless distributed systems in the cloud.
- Provide guidance and coaching for other members of the development teams.
- Collaborate with digital product managers to design and deliver technical solutions that provide value to our customers.
- Collaborate with technical leadership to explore, prototype, and adopt new technologies and development practices.
- B.S. of Computer Science, Software Engineering, or another related field.
- 6+ years of experience in software development.
- 4+ years of experience in one of the following: C#, .Net, NodeJS.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Familiar with architectural concepts such as microservices, distributed systems, caching, and event-driven architecture.
- 1+ years of experience with AWS, GCP or Azure.
- 1+ years of experience developing serverless applications.
- 3+ years in relational and NoSQL database systems.
- 2+ years writing and executing automated tests.
- One of the following AWS Certifications: Developer - Associate, Architect Associate, DevOps Engineer Professional.