- B.A. or M.A. degree in accounting, or equivalent work experience.
- Two to three years of proven accounting Non-profit accounting experience preferred.
- Previous federal and state grant experience is desired or a combination of education and work experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Strong general ledger and cost allocation background. Working knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong work ethic and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work both as a team and independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- May require requires some walking, climbing stairs, sitting long periods of time, lifting up to 15lbs. 10% of the time.
A thorough understanding of accounting theory and the ability to analyze information relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. Ability to report and articulate to an executive or a manager financial data, reports and findings. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Must be highly proficient in the use of MS Excel and have MS Word experience.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.