About Scarritt Bennett Center: Scarritt Bennett Center is a nonprofit conference, retreat, and education center in Nashville, TN. Our mission is to create space where individuals and groups engage each other to achieve a more just world.
We are looking for an AV technician to set up and operate media equipment for live and recorded events. As an AV technician, you will be responsible for organizing and operating media equipment such as video switchers (software and hardware), projectors, microphones, video monitors, and sound boards.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
To ensure success as an AV technician, you should have some knowledge of audio and video equipment, social media platforms, and basic TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting skills. As the needs of SBC vary from project to project, training will be provided specific to the organizations needs.
Audio Video Technician Responsibilities:
- Meeting with Event coordinators and Director of Technology to discuss audio, lighting, and video requirements.
- Laying ethernet and sound cables.
- Setting up and operating microphones, lights, video monitors, projectors, speakers, and video cameras.
- Conducting sound, visual, and performance quality checks on AV equipment.
- Operating sound and visual equipment during live and recorded events.
- Troubleshooting equipment and ensuring events run smoothly.
- Maintaining strong interdepartmental and client/guest relations.
- Disassembling audio and visual equipment and packing up after the event.
- Other duties as assigned