Located in East Garfield Park, Covenant House Illinois provides youth (ages 18-24) experiencing homelessness with shelter and safety, trust and community, and a better tomorrow.
We are growing and searching for compassionate people to join our team of dynamic, committed folks who are dedicated to providing love and support for all youth in need. CHIL provides professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, educational assistance, shift differential, and excellent benefits (12 paid holidays, paid sick time, 3 weeks vacation). Additional perks include a signing bonus after 90 days of employment, professional development stipend, on-site training as well as free, on-site secure parking. If you believe every young adult deserves high-quality care, see what joining the Covenant House Illinois team means.
Program Development and Maintenance
- Participate in the review, development, and implementation of program policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with all licensing requirements;
- Represent the program within the local human services community by attending meetings, making presentations, outreach, and education of the public as requested.
- Act as the agency liaison for the Education and Employment with other service providers.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all CHIL program components
- In partnership with the Director of Programs participate in the development of the Education and Employment budget.
- Manage requisition of program supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ensure the collection and management of all data necessary for timely reporting to funders.
- Provide all necessary grant reporting specifically for the Education and Employment in a quality fashion.
- In coordination with the Director of Programs, oversee the delivery of grant-funded programs to youth, ensuring desired outcomes are met and tracked.
Training and Development
- Previous training or willingness to receive training and maintain certification as required in areas including but not limited to:
- Trauma Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing, Human Trafficking, Suicide Prevention, Cultural Competency, Harm Reduction, Mental Health and Substance Use Issues.
- As a member of the team, be a part of new hire orientation.
- Identify and help provide additional training for Agency staff.
Data Management & Outcome Evaluation
- Maintain Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) database management and assist in implementing data protocols.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of data entry by all staff as it relates to Education and Employment.
- Maintain a dialogue with the Data Manager to continually improve the data design, quality, and processes in ETO.
- Analyze data to track outcomes in order to help inform program design and decisions.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Covenant House Mission.
- Maintain a high level of ethical standards.
- Ensure the safety of youth seen by CHIL at all times and ensure security of the Youth Development Center (YDC.)
- Provide supervision of the building, including coverage of various areas of the building when necessary.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with the general public, including other agencies.
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic commitment to the job, the Agency and the youth we serve.
- Accept and integrate supervision; provide supervision within the Agency’s structure and guidelines.
- Seek out new information and training in the field.
- Coordinate with community partners and volunteers to deliver additional programming to CHIL residents and drop in youth.
- Keep supervisor fully informed at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned