ORBA is a certified public accounting and financial advisory firm where individuals and stakeholders of organizations go to build meaningful, one-on-one relationships with an experienced, resourceful, proactive business partner. What separates ORBA are the connections our clients develop in a one-on-one relationship with a proactive partner supported by the resources, people, and expertise available within the firm. With exceptional employee retention rates and being honored as one of Chicago’s Top Workplaces (Chicago Tribune, 2021) and Top Workplaces USA (2022) by our very own staff, it’s a fact that ORBA is a great place to work.
The Director of Family Office Services will consult with clients on wealth strategies while overseeing and reviewing investments amongst financial and legal professionals. They will establish and maintain a financial and operating environment that will focus on the family’s core values. The Director of Family Office Services will be responsible for the development of the structure of and business development for the Family Office service line.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Oversee the family assets, investments, properties, trusts and other interests
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements and tax returns
- Direct both business and personal tax and financial items, including quarterly estimates, gift letters, trust milestones, insurances, etc.
- Provide document management services
- Supervise personal bill paying and bookkeeping services
- Setup and maintain a “Help line” for using software, password management & other financial interactions like portals & dashboards, bank/brokerage accounts, loans
- Present and run quarterly, semi-annual, or annual meetings with family members
- Support the financial education of younger generations
- Assist with charitable planning, including screening of qualified organizations
- Manage estate and gift planning, including consultation and annual review
- Supervise and develop the Family Office team
- Develop and implement processes and structures in support of departmental growth
- Execute business development activities to grow the Family Office service line