Atlas Executive Consulting, LLC (Atlas) has a fantastic opportunity for a Data Architect/Engineer to support our client engagements within the federal government in the Charleston, SC area. The ideal candidate is passionate about enterprise analytics solutions with an innovation mindset, and has extensive technical expertise in collection, ingestion, storage, processing, and analysis of complex datasets to drive business decisions.
- Develop and implement enterprise data strategies that enable business intelligence, analytics, and machine learning
- Ensure that data assets are governed by a comprehensive data management approach
- Manage data agreements between system owners and organizations
- Apply expertise in database design, data modeling, data integration, modern data implementations, big data tools, and data exchange standards to build a robust and reliable data ecosystem
- Provide technical and engineering consultation and support for the use of data services, standards, tools, and artifacts
- Act as an advisor to management and customers on data architecture and standards
- Support database management, migration, and access
- Create best practices and standards for data management and mentor junior data engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Data Management, IT Information Management, Management Information Systems or similar
- 6 years of experience with data design, architecture, management, and governance
- Experience developing and maintaining enterprise-level, scalable data stores and data access platforms supporting analytics and data science solutions.
- Experience creating scripts for retrieving, parsing, and processing structured and unstructured data converting it into useable formats.
- Experience with data modeling and schema design in operational databases, data warehouses, and /or data lake architectures
- Knowledge of the system development life cycle; software project management approaches; and requirements, design, and test techniques including experience working in a DevOps / DevSecOps delivery environment.
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Experience with cloud data storage, processing, and access technologies
- Experience with DoD’s ADVANA and Jupiter platforms technologies including Databricks, Trifacta, Cloudera, and CollibraAdapts quickly to new situations, is willing to learn new technologies and works well in a team environment, leading individual projects without the need for supervision
- Holds an active DoD Secret clearance
Why You’ll Want to Work at Atlas:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including PTO
- Interesting, challenging work with the federal government
- Education stipends and referral bonuses
- Opportunities to engage with the community through volunteering
- Ability to make a huge impact at a rapidly growing business
- Supportive colleagues and management who invest in your growth
Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance is mandatory for this position. You must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Instructions to Apply: Please apply via our online portal. Thank you for your interest!
Atlas, www.atlasexecutive.com, is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business specializing in business management consulting to the Department of Defense and other Federal Agencies. Atlas was recently named one of Consulting Magazines 2017 seven Small Jewels, highlighting the growth and innovation the firm brings to market. In 2016, Atlas was named the #1 best midsize business to work for in San Diego and is considered one of the fastest growing businesses in South Carolina by the SC business news.
Atlas is an EEO/AA/Disability/VETS Employer. Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status. Atlas will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters. Nor will Atlas require, in a posting or otherwise, U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency in the U.S. as a condition of employment except as necessary to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state or local government contract