Rate of pay: $100 per day during camp season.
Under the supervision of the Activities Manager, the Target Sports Specialist thoughtfully develops and delivers target sport and hand eye coordination activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers age and abilities. All activities planned will follow ACA and Girl Scout Safety Guidelines.
Develop and deliver a target sports program that is appropriate for the age and ability of the campers and utilizes unique programming styles to meet camper needs
- Understand, instruct, and promote the safe use and care of equipment in target sports program area, including proper storage, maintenance, appropriate use by campers, proper safety gear, appropriate locations for use, etc.
- Facilitate all target sports activities, including camper progression of skills; reward and recognition programs
- Evaluate the camp target sports program and offer feedback and suggestions to the Activity Manager as needed
Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures
- Ensure campers and staff follow safety procedures as outlined by the Girl Scouts Safety Activity Checkpoints, American Camp Association (ACA) standards, and USA Archery procedures
- Be a role model to campers and staff in attitude and behavior
- Provide staff coverage and facilitate camper evaluations
Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in the target sports and program shed area
- Maintain the target sports equipment and supplies, including clear inventory and planning for replacement of supplies in a timely manner
- Be responsible for observing hazards or enhancements in target sports area and alerting other appropriate staff
- Conduct a daily check of the area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair
Other Job Duties:
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning, and leading those as assigned
- Participate in pre-camp staff training, as well as in-service training sessions
- Assist with the organization of the living unit, providing camper supervision and participating as a positive role model
- Assist in cleaning and maintenance of camp during pre-camp training, after each session and during end-of-season cleaning period
- Chaperone arriving and departing campers on buses as assigned
- Assists with the delivery and pickup of camper luggage