Love What You Do and Why You Do It!
Participate Learning is a force for good that connects teachers and students through global education programs to foster human understanding and create peace around the world. We offer purpose-driven, challenging work in a collaborative environment, a flexible and open culture, and encourage employees to pursue their professional and personal passions.
The Global Leaders Manager serves Global Leaders partner schools with schoolwide integration of the Global Leaders framework, including Global Competencies, the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and Global Teaching Practices.
The Participate Learning Global Leaders Program Manager quickly builds quality relationships with district leaders and principals in order to ensure strong school site implementation. They utilize a deep understanding and a wealth of experience with global education best practices to coach and support principals, Global Leadership teams, and teachers or staff at each partner school with differentiated support based on their needs and priorities. They invest in and actively support the growth and development of your partner schools and are able to effectively manage several partner schools at once without sacrificing quality of support. They are a strong, seasoned presenter, and are able to craft and deliver high-quality professional learning experiences that deepen and enrich a partner school’s Global Leaders experience. They are able to collaborate effectively with a team of other Global Leaders Strategy Coaches and learn best from being part of a team.
The Participate Learning Global Leaders Program Manager also supports engagement across the Global Leaders online Community of Practice by designing and hosting online learning events for partner schools across the network.
Provide ongoing, quality communication with all partner schools via phone, email, and the Global Leaders Community of Practice.
Manage multiple school partners effectively, and tailor the Global Leaders framework to meet the priorities of the school partner.
Conduct the Global Leaders onboarding process at the start of each school year, including delivering a needs assessment to determine the best school integration pathway, conducting principal onboarding, global committee onboarding, and supporting a whole staff professional learning event.
Support school-based global committees with building out a year-long strategic plan based on areas of focus identified in the needs assessment.
Conduct fall and spring site visits to all partner schools within NC and VA as well (as nationally if requested).
Conduct monthly virtual check-in meetings with each partner school’s global committee and/or principal.
Collaborate with the Product Enhancements team to design and lead in person and online learning events in the Global Leaders Community of Practice.
Track and document each partner school’s progress as they move through their chosen integration pathway using tools like Salesforce.
- Passionate about learning and welcoming people from all over the world, learning about their culture and sharing your own culture and experiences.
- Love for international adventures - languages, dancing, food, travel, etc.
- We are looking for impact makers who believe in business as a force for good.
- Eager to make a difference for today and tomorrow
- Flexible with your time and energy and willing to expand beyond the day-to-day expectations of your work. (And the company reciprocates with flexibility!)
- Cameras on during zoom meetings - we want to see your smile.
- Believe global education is for everyone!
- Serve as a spokesperson for the company at conferences, events and meetings.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time visiting and developing key accounts in NC and VA.
- Strong preference for NC or VA based candidates.
What You’ll Love About Us:
Participate Learning is a B Corporation headquartered in Chapel Hill, NC, that partners with K-12 schools and districts to provide cultural exchange teachers, global education, and language immersion programs in Spanish and Mandarin. As part of our B Corp commitment, one of the essential measures of the success of our business is the positive impact we make on our employees. Our work inspires everyone to be change agents, bringing more empathy and connection to the world.
- Attractive benefit coverage for medical, dental, vision
- Company paid long-term, short-term disability and life insurance
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Generous Vacation and Separate Sick Time
- Wellness Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Infant-At-Work and Bring Your Dog to Work Program
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Fully-Stocked Kitchen
- Onsite Gym
- Volunteer Time Off
- Professional Development Funds
- Tuition Assistance
- Cultural Experience & Milestone benefit every 3 years
Due to the nature of our work with teachers and schools, COVID-19 vaccine/booster is a requirement for new hires, however, the company will consider accommodations for disability and religious reasons.