Quality Manager (On-Site)
Who are we?
AGY is a highly specialized manufacturer of precision ultrafine glass fiber reinforcements used in advanced composites. The Aiken, SC plant produces approximately 1,000,000 miles of glass fiber reinforcement per day and operates on a 24/7/365 schedule. We are an agile, flexible, small-batch manufacturer able to meet the diverse technical requirements of our global client base. Our engineers and scientists have reinvented ultrafine glass fiber reinforcement manufacturing with proprietary, eco-friendly processes. Most notably, many of our production processes qualify as zero carbon footprint activities and the Aiken site has reduced its carbon footprint by 88% since 2002.
The Quality Engineer at AGY, plays a crucial role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our products and processes. Collaborates with cross-functional teams to drive quality improvements, monitor production processes, implement quality assurance measures, and visit Customers. This role requires a strong analytical mindset, attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
Why join our team?
- We are a fast moving, dynamic team that collaborates with each other in order to achieve success
- Work with an amazing team
- We are reshaping the industry and the way it thinks about glass fiber products for aerospace, thermoplastics, defense, electronics, and recreational uses
- $1,200 Annual Wellness Program and competitive medical, dental and vision benefits
Do these responsibilities describe what you do best?
- Quality Metrics: Establish and monitor key quality performance indicators (KPIs) to identify trends, track defects, and drive continuous improvement efforts
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process optimization, root cause analysis, and corrective/preventive actions to eliminate defects and enhance overall efficiency
- Training: Provide training to employees on quality standards, processes, and procedures to foster a culture of quality awareness and compliance
- Quality Audits: Conduct internal audits to assess compliance with quality management systems and support external audits from regulatory agencies or customers
- Continuous Improvement: Participate in cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement initiatives, Lean Six Sigma projects, and quality-related projects