WHAT YOU'LL DO HERE
- Examine loan documentation for accuracy and completeness, while working with the mortgage broker to secure all required documents.
- Review and verify income, employment, and credit history of the applicant, requesting additional information as needed.
- Scrutinize accounts from which applicant’s funds originate.
- Review property appraisal to see if property valued correctly to warrant the loan amount requested.
- Underwrite and apply needed conditions to mortgage applications to assure borrower meets program/product specifications.
- Communicate status and decisions (approval, suspense, denial) to the appropriate individuals in accordance with company SLA’s.
WHY WE WANT YOU
Education & Experience:
- College graduate with business/finance major preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ recent experience underwriting residential mortgage loans.
- Experience with Encompass is a plus!
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities for the Job:
- Must have a thorough understanding of underwriting guidelines and the ability to evaluate loan risk.
- Proficiency in underwriting complex personal/business tax returns and financial statements.
- Thorough knowledge of MI policies.
- Strong understanding of various document types and loan programs.
- Must have strong analytical skills, including math and auditing.
- Good decision-making skills, backed by relevant details and research.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel or similar software packages.
Icing on the Cake:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, with a focus on outstanding customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment, while practicing sound lending judgment.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, producing results in a timely manner.
- Must be a team player.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- Competitive base salary.
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental & Vision.
- Supplementary benefits: Voluntary Life, AD&D, LTD & STD.
- Company-Sponsored Life, AD&D and LTD.
- 401(K) Plans.
- 15 days PTO (to start) & Observed Paid Holidays.
- Diverse and inclusive atmosphere.
- Work-life balance.
- Complete a minimum of 5-6 points per day.
- Clear all resubmission requests within service level (48 hours of receipt).
- All files to be underwritten in accordance with established policy and using reference job tools.
- Ensure that all loan conditions properly satisfy specific investor requirements.
- Lock reconciliation requested/completed accurately per policy to prevent pricing errors.
- The loan file meets all compliance and regulatory requirements and is in salable condition.
- Proactively assist the Underwriting Department in achieving service level of purchase transactions completed within company-mandated SLA’s.
- Manage personal pipeline with a daily review of files for timely follow-up and submission of files in order to meet estimated closing and lock expiration dates.
- Accurately update Encompass for every file at each submission or resubmission.
- Provide timely responses to Management and Post-Closing.
- Ensure that all loan decisions are provided within regulatory requirements (including approvals, suspensions, declinations, and needs letters).
- Provide timely and positive communication with business partners, Processors, Mortgage Consultants, and Transaction Coordinators by utilizing the most current Alignment Sheet and the current communication templates.
- Communicate all loan decisions to Mortgage Consultants and team with service level requirements.
Licenses and Certifications:
FHA Direct Endorsement and VA SAR/LAPP certifications a must
We live and breathe our core values: Support, Collaboration, Innovation, Fast-Paced & Pride! Our success over the past decade is largely due to our vision to hire the BEST people in the industry. Is that you? If so, JOIN OUR TEAM!
On Q Financial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, veterans & individuals with disabilities to apply. Diversity and inclusion are vital to fulfilling our mission to simplify the mortgage process to make the dream of homeownership a reality—for everyone.
Our Multicultural platforms are disrupting the industry which is only made possible by our diverse, unique, and inclusive family. THE DREAM IS INCLUSIVE!