The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Finance has central responsibility and authority for policy analysis, program development, performance tracking and improvement, financial management, resource maximization, and technical assistance. Finance helps to ensure that programs and administrative operations have the information, analysis, funding, and technical capacity to deliver critical services effectively and meet DOHMH’s objectives.
Grant: Enhanced Detection, Response, Surveillance, and Prevention of COVID-19
Location: DOHMH headquarter, LIC
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), a recognized leader and innovator in public health and mental hygiene services nationally and internationally, seeks to hire one (1) Assistant Director to assist in the Bureau of Finance/Office of Revenue in the management and claiming of additional funding received due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Finance values motivated; energetic individuals committed to achieving excellence in a public-sector
environment and a desire to be part of a City agency that is revolutionizing public health and mental hygiene services. Finance positions require analytic, interpersonal communications and problem-solving skills.
Reporting to the Director of Claiming and Director of Grant Claiming, the Assistant Director will:
• Work closely with various Agencies (FEMA, CDC, OMB, and Divisions within the Agency on expenditure and claiming issues regarding federal claiming.
• Monitor and review grant ¬funded personnel and OTPS expenditures and assist in the preparation of grant claiming, journal entries and grant closeouts
• Utilize different accounting strategies to determine if revenue targets will be met and will advise the Executive Director of Revenue and Director of Grants Claiming
• Review and prepare comprehensive reports to track revenue, expenditure, and operational activity by synthesizing multiple databases
• Perform work using information available in various phases of the accounting systems, account relationships and established techniques for computing and verifying accounting data
• Upload accounting entries in the city’s Financial Management System (FMS) as well as review of expenditures and projected revenue
• Prepare worksheets or reports reflecting claiming details, discrepancies identified, and corrective entries required to adjust accounts.