Learning Support is a targeted program designed to assist students if they experience difficulty with some aspect of learning that is interfering with academic progress. This position reports to the Head of Middle School and Student Support Services and is a full-time faculty (instructional support) appointment with daily office hours from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm.
Responsibilities: The Learning Support Specialist plays a vital role in teaching students (with and without documented learning differences) specific skills and learning strategies to help them achieve academic success. Primary responsibilities of the Learning Support Specialist include the following:
- Provide specific skills and learning strategies for students in a small group setting.
- Continually provide and seek out resources which assist students to achieve success in a college preparatory environment;
- Interpret cognitive and academic assessments for identified students, and design and support appropriate learning support for qualified students;
- Provide direct instruction of executive skills for students with deficits in that area;
- Monitor progress reports of identified students;
- Communicate regularly with teachers and parents regarding progress in school program;
- Participate in School Programs such as Admission Open House;
- Participate in Division Meetings and any other meeting in which students of concern are discussed;
- Provide other duties as assigned.