At Nearpod, we strive to bring joy and engagement into every classroom. Every day, we reach students through our learning platforms on Nearpod.com and Flocabulary.com. We have diverse backgrounds, but a shared goal of putting teachers and students first in everything that we do. We’re backed by leading edtech investors, and have won numerous awards including Edtech Digest’s 2018 Company of the Year. We’re looking for people with a lot of hustle, a lot of empathy, and a desire to do something meaningful. We have offices in both Fort Lauderdale, FL and Brooklyn, NY.
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will generate new business opportunities by following proven processes to prospect into public K12 Schools and Districts. You’ll learn how to identify and research lists of schools and districts to target, and how to develop campaigns to generate new business opportunities.
The SDR will conduct high-level conversations with faculty and administrators about their education and technology strategies and requirements. The successful candidate will be a strongly self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, logical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with a team. This position has advancement potential within the Sales organization, and the compensation package includes an uncapped commission and bonus structure.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Solve the puzzle of identifying the right contact points to bring Nearpod to their districts.
- Get to know your assigned region and generate opportunities there.
- Execute creative new prospecting campaigns.
- Hold discussions with admins around their needs & goals.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of sales development/sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Driven to learn and succeed in Edtech sales
- Excited to execute innovative, targeted campaigns that get decision makers interested in bringing transformative technology to classrooms
- Lead Development or Sales Development experience preferred
- Experience in K12 Edtech market preferred
- Experience in SaaS preferred
- Excellent phone, written and verbal skills
- Well organized with efficient time management skills
- Eager to collaborate
- Likes friendly competition
- Team player with a positive attitude and commitment to exceeding sales objectives
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.