Our mission is to build a more resilient and connected society, and providing flawless, next-generation IT services as a means of doing that, is only part of what Skyline does. We also believe that building a more resilient and connected society begins with us, our communities, and our workplaces. By embodying effective communication, mutual trust, and respect, we can achieve a positive impact on every person and in every interaction.
With a mission and culture like Skylines, its no surprise were growing and looking for bright individuals who are unafraid of challenges, thrive on problem solving, and are passionate about helping others succeed. At the pace were growing, we need people like you to join our team so we can ensure we always have the right number of team members. Its important to us that we can handle the work AND maintain a desirable work/life balance.
About Our Team
Skyline Technology Solutions is a full-service IT integrator, enterprise solution provider, and product developer to transportation, education, and public safety customers in federal, state, local, and commercial spaces. Skyline specializes in managed IT solutions, public safety data, video interoperability, and physical security and access control services.
We create business-aware networks today that are flexible and scalable for tomorrow. Our approach lies in understanding our client's mission and designing a network that will evolve as they face new challenges in a multi-tenant environment. With specific expertise in enterprise networks, data centers, and service providers, we design the building blocks for future growth.
Our New Teammate
Do you like facing a different challenge every day? Are you a good communicator with exceptional customer service skills? Are you technically and mechanically savvy with experience in CCTV systems, cabling, and Access Control systems?
Were looking for a service technician who can effectively manage a schedule while staying efficient and organized. Join our hardworking team and help us deliver exceptional service and solve complex physical security problems.
You can expect to spend your time accomplishing the following:
- 60% of time on Objective 1: Installing and servicing CCTV systems.
- 15% of time on Objective 2: Support Install projects.
- 15% of time on Objective 3: Provide customer support.
- 5% of time on Objective 4: Provide internal support.
- 5% of time on Objective 5: Personal technical and cultural development.
Your Value to Our Client & Team
- Effectively install, program, and test CCTV systems (interior and exterior camera installations, installing conduit, and adjusting the cameras aim and focus) and Access Control systems.
- Routinely support install projects by troubleshooting cameras remotely, configuring cameras and programming VMS/Access Control software, and supporting VMS and access control requirements.
- Efficiently install, terminate, and test fiber, cat5e, and Access Control Cabling, as well as test, adjust, maintain, and troubleshoot structured cabling systems.
- Diligently respond to all SOAR service tickets and provide required updates i.e., follow up with customers if there is missing information, schedule site visits, and escalate challenges or concerns that a customer may have to the Service Manager.
- Expertly create badges in Genetec, create and edit access groups in Genetic, and perform upgrades to the Genetec Software.
- Graciously assist the commissioning technician with equipment set up, remove and rearrange equipment at various on-site locations, coordinate and assist with procuring materials, supplies and services, and provide daily project updates to project managers and Service managers.
- Responsibly maintain company vehicles and other company equipment when driving to and from customer locations and optimize minimum/maximum levels of stock material in each company vehicle.
- Routinely complete daily service tickets with the required information, capture project deliverables (including pictures), update drawings and diagrams, compile site notes, and update project SPEC sheets as needed.
- Collaboratively work with vendors/manufacturers to support and resolve issues.
- Proactively lead and mentor other technicians, acquire certifications and clearances, schedule self-paced training on multiple manufacturers, complete quarterly performance and management reviews and attend development classes.