Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic Production Supervisor to join our Baltimore Operations Team. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Packing House (PH), production area, and supervision of the Production Assistants. The Production Supervisor reports directly to the Assistant Plant Manager. This is a hands-on role requiring an individual is a team player, one who is willing to roll up their sleeves and isnt afraid to get dirty. The ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens core values and mission
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st-century food system.
What You'll Do
Management of Packers
- Ensure PH Production Assistants are punctual and work quickly and effectively
- Train new PH Production Assistants in the proper way to do tasks, handle leaves, and proper cleaning & sanitation methods of produce pace and Timing
- Complete and ensure the cases are packed according to pacing/timing chart daily
- Review pacing chart and coordinate timing with the Operations Team daily
- Evaluate the effectiveness of packing methods, process, and team
Food Safety program
- Ensure staff is following all proper food safety requirements and proper PPE
- Ensure timely completion of all necessary logs
- Ensure coolers are clean and temperatures are stable
- Inspect and weigh produce; discard leaves as necessary; ensure no bugs, damaged leaves, tip burned leaves or leaves dropped on floor enter package
- Monitor leaves for pests or pathogens and reports to Greenhouse Supervisor
PH and Storage area cleanliness and maintenance
- Maintenance and cleanliness of Packing House furniture, tools, floors, and sinks
- Maintenance and cleanliness of walk-in coolers
- Maintenance and cleanliness of storage areas
- Maintenance and cleanliness of front and back stairs and roof area around the greenhouse
Assist in Daily Tasks as needed
- Track and order labels and corrugated
- Order and monitor inventory levels of all packing and harvesting supplies for PH and GH
- Manage labor costs, employee schedules, sick time, and PTO, minimize OT, and maintain a sense of urgency and daily efficiency.
- Schedule cleaning and maintenance of the GH and PH and assist in the hands-on cleaning responsibilities of the farm.
- Collaborating with GH Supervisor and day-end to ensure no further assistance is needed
- Capable of maintaining a calm and collected composure during times of disorder, speaking to others in a respectful manner, and is skilled at productively handling multiple personality types.
- A proficient in effectively communicating with employees throughout the organization orally and written
- A willingness and desire to assist in unrelated and/or unassigned tasks to ensure the effective operation of the GH and PH.
- Must be a problem solver and be capable of identifying areas of efficiencies.
Who You Are
- Ability to lead by example with a can do attitude
- Experience in greenhouse work and/or hydroponics
- Familiarity with ERP and inventory control
- Experience with food safety practices, goals, rules, and regulations
- Great multitasking abilities and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong desire to learn and grow
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in data collection and recording
- Bilingual highly preferable, but not required
- Ability to motivate, inspire and coach hourly workforce
- Problem-solving skills and foresight- capable to identify areas of efficiencies
- Ability to work weekend and holiday coverage will be required on an as-needed basis
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of nearly 500 full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.