Associate Vice President, Individual Major Gifts
The Associate Vice President of Individual Major Gifts is responsible for executing a major gift fundraising strategy that supports both current-use and strategic growth fundraising objectives, while integrating planned giving and annual support strategies. The successful candidate will have experience securing significant philanthropic gifts. The position requires a leadership style that will motivate team members and coordinate effectively with key stakeholders across Graham to achieve the shared programmatic and philanthropic objectives of our mission and strategic plan. This position also requires strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and analytical skills. The successful candidate will be able to collaborate in discussions around new thoughts and fresh ideas, think innovatively, and maintain an inquisitive mindset throughout their work. In addition, the candidate should be detail oriented and able to manage multiple, simultaneous, and deadline-driven tasks.
- Secure 6 and 7-figure philanthropic gifts and manage a portfolio of 100-150 major gift donors and prospects while achieving annual growth targets.
- Grow and lead a team of frontline major gift fundraisers. Includes mentorship, supporting professional development, onboarding, ongoing training and education in best practices, developing, deploying and monitoring performance metrics for team members. Oversight includes leadership annual support ($1,000+), major gift ($25,000+) and planned gifts.
- Work effectively with senior management and board members in identifying and growing individual major gift donor base. Prepare briefings and coordinate and/or attend major donor solicitation activities.
- Lead regular in-depth prospect strategy sessions, ensuring that philanthropic potential is enhanced through moves management.
- Provide regular reports to the Chief Development Officer on staff performance, fundraising progress and progress against goals.
- Possess a strong commitment to the mission of Graham alumni and possess the ability to identify major gift prospects through a lens of inclusion.
Positions type: Full time