The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the overall inspection, maintenance, repairs, upgrades, and improvements of our greenhouse food packaging facility. The position is nonunion; it will require performing regular maintenance and repairs of the greenhouse structure, production and manufacturing equipment, electrical, plumbing-PVC, automation, and packaging equipment. The technician must inspect, maintain, and repair manufacturing/production related equipment, building deficiencies, and ensure optimal performance of greenhouse and production system equipment.
This is a hands-on role requiring technical and applied knowledge of integrated mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, with a focus on irrigation systems, greenhouse maintenance, and the installation and repair of production and manufacturing equipment. The ideal candidate will possess the keen ability to identify and address maintenance and mechanical failures of manufacturing and production equipment and structural/building deficiencies. This position requires the applied knowledge of mechanical installations, servicing, dismantling, rebuilding, and maintenance of greenhouse, production and manufacturing equipment, machinery, automation control systems, and knowledge of commercial building HVAC, PVC plumbing, installations and repair of pumps, and electrical systems
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Coordinates and conducts maintenance and repairs of company equipment and the building; proactively addresses areas of concern to minimize unplanned downtime, increases equipment efficiency, and maintains a clean, safe work environment.
- Accesses the need of third-party contractors and repair personnel usage, negotiates related contracts, schedules and assists in the completion of, and inspection of, on-site repairs.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots equipment, conducts repairs, modifications, and predictive/preventative maintenance on building and facilities equipment (HVAC, freezers, exhaust fans, pumps, plumbing fixtures, and systems); spackles, paints, and repairs interior and exterior demarcations.
- Provides recommendations for corrective action in regard to facilities equipment.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical aptitude skills in order to complete assignments.
- Complies with established State and Federal Regulations, Environmental, OSHA and Safety programs.
- Maintains equipment history and analyzes historical trends, records and documents all completed maintenance, modifications and repairs.
- Runs errands and picks up equipment, materials and supplies as required.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
- High school graduate or equivalent trade school credentials.
- 1 years of experience in operations maintenance, including 1 year as a Facility Maintenance Technician or mechanic or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the operations and maintenance at a commercial or industrial work environment.
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting blueprints, schematics, and one-line drawings.
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude in areas such as HVAC, industrial electrical, plumbing, and/or plant operations systems.
- Advanced knowledge of power tools, operating various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficient solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Fluent in English
- Ability to perform under minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem resolutions.
- Adjusts to changing conditions and willingness to works off-shift, holidays, and weekends as needed.
- Understands and complies with company policies.