We live in a world where division, disparity, and poverty affect everyone. When we unite as changemakers at Greater Twin Cities United Way we can disrupt systems, unlock human potential, change narratives, create equitable solutions, and advocate for policies that result in lasting change.
As an interconnected community focused on equity and inclusion, we can draw from our best minds, courageous leaders, responsive services and collaborative partnerships, and bring forth working solutions to shape our future together.
Your Role in Participating: 988 Manager, Suicide Prevention
Your Department: Community Impact
Your Reporting Manager: Senior Program Officer, 988 & Mental Health
OUR MISSION AND VALUES
Mission: Unite changemakers, advocate for social good and develop solutions to address the challenges no one can solve alone.
Values: Equity, collaboration, agility, and transparency
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF YOUR ROLE
The Greater Twin Cities United Way 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline Center manager is responsible for day-to-day contact center operations of the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline, including supervising 988 Center Supervisors and a team of Suicide Prevention Call Specialists across three shifts. The 988 Crisis Center manager reports to the Senior Program Officer for 988 and mental health and ensures high-quality, trauma-informed crisis intervention services to all callers in accordance with Vibrant Emotional Health and SAMHSA standards.
Call Center Operations – 70%
- Lead contact center operations to facilitate meeting established goals for wait time, abandonment rate, and follow-up.
- Schedule and oversee work of contact center staff, including 3 shifts.
- Manage and support 988 Center Supervisors.
- Monitor contact center technology tools and trends to ensure sustainable, quality system performance.
- Partner with the 988 Senior Program Officer to create and implement business continuity plans.
- Ensure staff policies and procedures are implemented and maintained based upon the Minnesota Department of Health, Vibrant Emotional Health and SAMHSA standards.
- Administer partnerships and ensure compliance with grants, contracts, and partnership agreements.
- Provide consultation and implementation guidance to other members of the 988 leadership team in development of future partnerships and innovation efforts.
Staff coaching and development – 20%
- Responsible for hiring, training, and retaining qualified staff. Onboard new staff and facilitate continuing education for all staff in partnership with the 988 Center Supervisors and 988 training manager.
- Coach staff for performance and skill development, set clear expectations and benchmarks.
- Monitor call handling, review caller records, and provide feedback to staff to ensure quality caller interactions.
- Provide on-call support for staff in need of escalated crisis call support, including some nights and weekends.
- Coach and develop supervisors in their oversight and support of team members and participants during their shifts.
- Manage conflict as necessary amongst team members, adhering to org policies and procedures.
Other – 10%
- Participate in United Way organization events.
- Support continuous improvement of 988 Center processes, policies, and procedures.
- Work with United Way 211 Contact Center Manager to ensure standard practices, alignment, and communication across teams.
- Attend trainings, events, conferences as needed.